Ecotec offers determination of these basic design conditions in several subsequent steps. After completion of each step, it is possible to assess the entire project, adapting it properly to the entire concept. These steps are as follows:
- Collection of information
Within the framework of collection of information, documents pertaining to a given location are gathered and analyzed. This includes, apart from aerial photography, mainly geological and hydrogeological maps, as well as topographic maps and climate data. Knowledge of the local conditions, obtained in this manner, serves as a basis for development of a catalogue of questions for the early topographic works. In this manner, it is possible to ensure precise design with reference to a given objective.
- Preliminary survey of the location
On the basis of the initial knowledge obtained while collecting information, a survey of the local conditions is conducted. Usually, it includes the following works:
- engineering measurements on site in order to determine the local morphological conditions;
- determination of near-surface geological conditions using microprobes inserted to the maximum depth of 3 m below the ground level, including soil sampling;
- determination of depth of loose clastic rock using probes inserted to maximum depth of 3 m below the ground level;
- development of a map of hydraulic conditions, that is, the drainage system;
- getting familiar with the local flora and fauna;
- a description of sociological conditions (settlements) and use of land (agriculture, mining).
- Laboratory tests
Soil samples collected during field works are laboratory tested.
- Chemical analyses determine the level of aggressiveness for steel of the soil layers considered for mounting of piles.
- Particle size distribution of loose clastic rock is determined on the basis of sieve and slurry tests.
- The report
The results of data collection, site survey and laboratory tests serve as a basis for a report, and they are subject to interpretation and assessment from the perspective of the planned solar installation. At the same time, soil indicators are determined, which are necessary for further design, indications are given with regard to performance of construction works, as well as recommendations with regard to land topography and waste management. Moreover, a preliminary measurement of the necessary probe insertion depth for steel piles is conducted, as well as a quality assessment.
- Pull-out tests
For the purpose of the final dimensioning of the insertion depth after the assessment of the ground conditions, pull-out tests are conducted in representative points within the planned installation site.
- Final report
In addition to the first report, the following are prepared: expert’s opinion with a description of the ground conditions, the necessary insertion depth and minimum weight of the profiles inserted, providing the parameters of pressure distribution in the soil and structure necessary for performance of static calculations for the structure.